What’s true for almost everyone on this planet is that, at some points in their lives, people will need dental care. The mouth is generally resistant to many bacteria that constantly invade it, however at some point in time the defences can be breached and infection can set in.
This infection can attack both the soft tissues (gums etc) and the hard tissue (teeth and surrounding bone).
Dental check-up generally takes about 20-30 minutes. Our dentists will examine your facial appearance, your bite (the way your teeth come together) and any external signs to indicate disease process.
A dental check-up every six month puts your mind at rest that nothing will be allowed to get out of control. Even if you’ve had a lot of dental restoration up till now, you can ensure that in future everything will be much easier for you.
What happens at a Dental Check -up?
- Review your general health
- Review your dental history (past and present)
- Examine the condition of your mouth (teeth and gums)
- The dentist will examine your facial appearance, your bite (the way your teeth come together) and any external signs to indicate disease process.
- Radiographs (X-ray pictures) may be taken to help in the diagnoses of disease or follow up and monitoring of treatment already provided.
- A treatment plan may be drawn up at this stage if enough information has been collected to do so.
- In some cases, treatment can be done if the situation dictates that, like in the case of a dental emergency where there is pain or were aesthetics is a high priority.
- Consent to treatment is discussed at this stage.
- To review your diet and give you advice on, your diet, smoking, and alcohol use, and teeth-cleaning habits.
To enjoy the high standard of care we offer here at Oxford Dental Centre, call today on 01865 515 806 or request your appointment online.